Behavioral Health Services
Social workers offer people support when they are going through difficult times, such as family troubles or problems in school. The social workers at Loyola's School-Based Health Center can help students sort out their feelings, find solutions to their problems, and just feel better.
If you want to talk to a social worker, just stop by the health center in Rm. 86B and make an appointment. If you are really feeling troubled, you can often be seen right away. Students can visit a social worker at the health center for up to five appointments without a parental consent form on file. As a health center patient, what you talk about in your visit is confidential.
Learn more about what to expect at your appointment . . .
Video Featuring Proviso East High School
Produced by the Illinois Terrorism Task Force: Mental Health & School Violence
The Proviso School-based Health Clinic provides help coping with stress from school, family, relationships or other causes.
To schedule an appointment with a social worker, come to Room 86B at Proviso East or call (708) 449-9522.
Helpful Phone Numbers:
If you aren't currently in school or aren't ready to visit the health center, these phone numbers and links may help:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255) or suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- National Runaway Switchboard: 800-621-4000 or
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: 800-843-5678 or missingkids.com
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE or rainn.org
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 866-331-9474 or thehotline.org
- SAFE (Self-Abuse Finally Ends): 800-DONT-CUT (800-366-8288) or selfinjury.com
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information: 800-729-6686
- National Sexually Transmitted Disease Hotline: 800-227-8922 or cdc.gov/std
- National Life Center/Pregnancy Hotline: 1-800-848-5683 or nationallifecenter.com
- Planned Parenthood—Chicago: 312-592-6700
- Planned Parenthood--National: 800-230-PLAN or plannedparenthood.org
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Helpline: 888-340-4528 or www.glbthotline.org